Photo by Mandy Mohler
Angela Joy Boyce grew up here in NW Montana. She is honored to be serving her local communities with the healing arts.
Education & Training:
- Spring 2008: Graduated from New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics (NMSNT) located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- June 2008-Current: National Certification through NCBTMB
- In fall 2008: birth doula training through DONA.
- June 2012: attended a Midwifery Assistant Skills workshop with Ina May Gaskin and her partners.
- September 2012: CranialSacral Therapy at the Beginning of Life a nine month class taught by Linda Diane Feldt for birth professionals, which focuses on techniques for optimal fetal positioning, birth and breastfeeding.
- Fall 2011-2013: Doulas Care Volunteer Doula for low income women in Metro Detroit
- December 2012: Attended a workshop with Karen Strange at New Born Breath.
- Summer 2013: Placenta Encapsulation training through Full Circle Placenta.
- Spring 2014-2016: Midwifery apprenticeship/Licensed Midwife Apprentice (LMA), her preceptors were Marcy Kuntz at Birth With Insight and Carrie Corbett & Heather Holman at Fern Creek Midwives.
- September 2014-January 2016: Midwives College of Utah
- November 2017- Studied Craniosacral Therapy with Carol Gray, workshop: Subtle Hands On Skills
- Spring 2016-Current: Home Options Hospice Volunteer
- Fall 2017- Current: Nursing prerequisites at Flathead Valley Community College
- Spring 2019: Begin RN Program at Flathead Valley Community College
Angela is Licensed Massage Therapist, Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork through NCBTMB and a member of American Massage Therapy Association. In addition, she received the title Natural Therapeutics Specialist (NTS) from NMSNT for her studies of various holistic modalities. She is a birth doula and midwife's assistant and has been attending births for over 10 years. After attending births is various different roles and settings, Angela is starting the RN Program at Flathead Valley Community College which is the building block to her end goal of becoming a Certified Nurse Midwife.
She is trained in the following modalities: Prenatal & Postnatal Massage/Bodywork, Craniosacral Therapy, Placenta Encapsulation, Reflexology, TCM/Acupressure, Flower Essences and Hot Stone Massage. She practices Integrated Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, using aspects of different holistic modalities to assist the body in releasing, relaxing and balancing.
Angela and her husband welcomed their first child into this world June 2010. As a family, they enjoy: camping, hiking, being at the lakes, preparing meals, gardening, canoe trips and soaking in hot springs.